Skin exfoliation is one of the important steps in a skin care routine and it has a long history since Ancient Egyptians times. Aside from the fact that exfoliating removes dead skin cells, I love the fact that it feels refreshing and almost like I’m “renewed” in a way – getting back my complexion back to its natural, fresh state.
“What if I have never exfoliated”? Chances are these lifeless cells on your skin can cause tons of problems such as clogged pores, breakouts and dull skin.
There are many ways to exfoliate your skin and clay mask is known to be one of the most gentle ways of exfoliating especially for your face. Think of clays as a magnet for the bad stuff on your skin.
Let's dive in and discover the 6 benefits of clays! After all, who doesn't wanna know more about Cleopatra's skin care routine?
Detoxifying and Drawing Out Impurities – Throughout the day, dirt, oil, pollution and even your make-up can build up on the surface of your skin and if you don’t exfoliate them, it can lead to serious breakouts. It’s important to exfoliate regularly and deep clean your skin to remove any buildup as well as absorb excess oils.
- Brightening Your Complexion – If you’re wondering why your skin can look kind of dull, it’s time to exfoliate! When dead skin cells pile up on the skin’s surface, it can give your complexion a dull and uneven appearance. By using a clay mask for just 10 minutes a 2-3 times a week, it clears the dead skin cells and the result? An even, brighter and smoother surface for makeup application.
- Fighting Acne – Applying a clay mask to breakouts is not only soothing but it can help to remove acne-causing bacteria and get them under control. Our Pink Glow has powerful anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Refining Pores – Everyone’s got them but some may have larger pores (especially when they’re clogged) and it make your skin feel less smooth. One of clay’s ability is to tone up and refine your pores.
- Balancing Oils - If you have oily skin, you must have heard of the amazing benefits of clay masks. French Green Clay has the superpower of absorbing excess oils trapped within the pores without compromising necessary hydration.
- Slowing Down Ageing – As we age, collagen production slows down and you start to develop wrinkles as the skin loses elasticity. The copper found in French Pink clay is known as a powerful anti-aging ingredient and plays an important role in collagen production with your skin.